US Online Casino & Gambling Info
For many years, it has been very difficult for players who live in the United States to access real money casino games from home. Due to the passing of the UIGEA, it did not become illegal for players to access gambling sites, but it did become impossible to use some popular payment methods. Players who choose to gamble online will not have the ability to use credit or debit cards to fund an off shore online casino account and they will also be limited as to what ewallet services can be used. In addition, some of the leading software providers have stopped accepting real money players who are located in the US. This has lead to much difficulty for players who wish to engage in gambling activities online.
Until 2013, it continued to be a struggle for players to find online casinos and fund accounts. In 2013, things took a slight turn for the better when the United States Government declared it legal for individual states to regulate online gambling activities. This meant that certain states would operate online casinos and allow residents to play. At this time, there are just three states that offer legal online gambling and these include Nevada, New Jersey and Delaware. While this is a great step in the right direction, players are still limited. The only players who are able to access these sites are those that are residing in the state where the online casino is being operated. All other players in the US still have to rely on finding off shore casino sites if they wish to play games online.
It is believed that more states will join that list, but for now, players who live in any of the other 47 states will have to rely on off shore casino sites, and there are not many that are accepting of US players. Aside from the difficulty of locating online casinos, players will also be restricted in terms of software. The major players in the industry like Playtech and Microgaming do not allow US players. Also, the problem of UIGEA is still in effect, so these players may find a site, but will then have to find a usable payment method. While players can use prepaid cards to add funds to a casino account, the true problems come when they try to remove winnings from these accounts as there are very few methods that can be used.
In the coming years, US residents are hopeful that more states will legalise online gambling so there are more options. For now, off shore casino sites are the only answer. Luckily, there are no specific laws that will punish any player found gambling online, but many players will not have much success in finding a site that meets their needs while offering a banking option that can safely and securely be used to manage the account.
US Gambling Resources
- GamblersAnonymous.org - Provides help to those located within the United States who have gambling problems and are seeking to get help.
- CasinoLaunchpad.com - Web page that is dedicated to providing information about US online casinos and gambling online.
- NCPGambling.org - The national council for problem gambling has been known to help many people with gambling problems in the United States get the help they need.
- BestUnitedStatesCasinos.com - Resource that provides rankings with download links to some of the best online casinos in the United States for players.
- On-LineCasinos.net - A listing of the top online casinos with detailed reviews that are fully US accepting and where you can deposit with Visa and MasterCard.