Link building, a time intensive and frustrating job in SEO yet inevitable. Still after numerous evolutions of SEO methodologies, link building is still holding a key role for search engine ranking as it used to be. It only increases your online visibility but also enhance websiteís trust for search engines.
But the impact lies in adapting effective link building strategy. Here are few guidelines about how to maximize your website exposure through link building.
1. Have a varied anchor text: Rather than focusing on a particular keyword, it always recommended to use few different combination of anchor text so that you can have a grater exposure and reach.
2. Link the best related page: Rather than linking the home page for every single keyword, use deep links for related keywords. This increases your keyword relevancy which in-turn will boost up your domain automatically.
3. Follow domains hosted in different ip: It is advisable to avoid too many backlinks from domains hosted in same server. This makes your external links as unnatural and can flag spam filter. So before you decide to follow link trading, make sure that you are having links from domains hosted in different servers.
4. Follow a mix and match of old trusted sites and new sites as well. It makes your links looking more natural and trustworthy
5. Strictly avoid huge accumulation of links within a short span of time. Itís the reason why most of sites following software submission get banned by Google.
6. If you are doing link exchange then its better you follow 3way rather than 2way or reciprocal.
7. Avoid temporary listing such as free classifieds listing for a month or two as the age really matters. If you are interested in classifieds listing then do it regularly and renew before it expires.
8. Avoid links with no-follow attribute: Link with no-follow attribute are not accountable as a valid link as they are referred as a untrusted links. So unless the hosting domain is folded with visitors like social media sites or popular forums, try to keep distance from those sites which are allowing only no-follow link attribute for external links.
9. Try to collect links from authority based domain or sites. A link from educational institute(.edu) or renowned business organization (.org) or a government body (.gov) etc matters a lot. The basic reason is the trust residing beneath these domains. Such governing bodies itself acts a an authority referrer. So the sites referred by these domains easily gains search engineís trust.
10. Marketplace listing: Various popular websites like crunch-base offers company listing services. Therefore listing of your website along with postal address and contact number increases your domainís click-through and thus can increase your conversion and domain trust.