Canadian Online Casino & Gambling Info
Players who reside in Canada have a great benefit when it comes to gambling online. While there are gambling laws in place, the federal government does little to prohibit players from playing casino games online, which allows these players to access sites that are being operated all over the world. In fact, there are no laws that say that individual players cannot access real money games online and in Canada’s history, no individual player has ever been punished for playing casino games online. When it comes to the actual laws pertaining to the operation of gambling sites in Canada, it is up to individual jurisdictions to determine legality.
In Quebec, a number of online casinos are licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, which is operating in an Indian reservation. This commission has been licensing online casinos since 1999 and in order to receive such licenses, the online casino must be operating on Kahnawake land. With this in mind, players residing in Canada definitely have some great gambling options right in the country. For those that are looking for larger selections or the ability to play at various casino sites, Canadian players are free to register real money accounts at any licensed online casino operating in the world. While online gambling is technically illegal for Canadians, there are no written laws that restrict players from gaining access to real money gambling sites. This means that players can wager on casino games, sports and even lottery games, all from home.
Since the Canadian laws are quite laxed, they allow players to have one of the best choices in the world. These players have access to hundreds of casino sites, all offering stunning games and exceptional player bonuses and incentives. The only thing that these players have to consider is the offered payment methods supported at off shore casino sites. Luckily, most of these sites happily welcome Canadian players, so there are multiple options that are offered, including the popular InstaDebit banking option. In addition, most online casinos will conduct transactions in Canadian Dollars, eliminating the need for any currency conversions.
One of the great benefits for these players is the ability to access games from many of the leading providers in the industry. Players can enjoy games from RTG, Playtech, Microgaming, Betsoft, Cryptologic and many more. Since there are no restrictions for players, they can easily access online casinos and download the software, play instant play versions of the games or even make use of a supported mobile platform for on the go gambling. Canadian players have an upper hand compared to players from other countries as there are no online casinos that restrict these players from joining, meaning they will always have access to the top notch gambling sites and will continue to benefit from all the latest releases and hit game titles offered online.
Canadian Gambling Resources
- OnlineCasinoGuide.ca - Simple guide that offers information about top international Canada accepting online casinos with detailed reviews and other useful info.
- BestCanadaCasinos.com - Provides players from Canada with a 2017 listing of the best online casinos with full reviews and details.
- CanadaCasinoSites.com - Dedicated to Canadian players provides news, articles, reviews and other useful info to Canadian players looking to play online.
- OLG.ca - This is the website for the OLGC (Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation). Here you'll find info on Canadian lotteries, online casinos and other info.
- ProblemGambling.ca - Provides players from Canada with a dedicated resource that can assist them in getting the help they need with problem gambling habits.
- Wikipedia.org - This wikipedia page provides information surrounding the law as related to online gambling in Canada.